Increasing productivity per line for cost reduction
Need equipment with improved productivity
- Increase the number of production line
- Reduce processing time
- Increase transfer speed between work stations
- Optimize operation by reducing frequent short line stops
Ordinary upgrade options:
Productivity improvement is limited due to long transfer time between work stations
- Carriage positioning time at each work station with stopper and pneumatic cylinder
- Buffer is required between work stations
- Frequent short line stops resulting from numbers of sensors required in line
Yamaha’s answer to user’s needs:
High speed transfer and high precision positioning of LCM
The production volume is increased by approx. 23%. Cost of jigs reduced
<Example> Estimation based on 8 operation hours per day and operating ratio of 100%.
Automotive parts manufacturer
People in charge of production engineering
Both tact time and production time percentage are improved and production volume has exceeded the target.
LCM and conventional conveyor system (Comparison with conventional method)
Related Case Studies
- Cost reduction has no choice but going automatic ...
- Robots that bring down labor rate by 60%
- Shorten takt time by 2 seconds!
- Selection of linear conveyors that defy conventional wisdom for lines.
- Challenge to width as narrow as "500 mm"
- What makes it possible to lay out plural processes in a narrow width?
- Reduce setup time by 80%.
- Why does it take surprisingly short time to build up a robot vision system?
Sales & Marketing Division
127 Toyooka, Kita-ku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 433-8103, Japan
Telephone 81-53-525-8350 /