Our History of Casting
- Manufacturing as a Foundation for Growth
- Diverse and Unique.
Yamaha Motor produces an extensive range of high-quality products, and the importance we place on our manufacturing base and honing our technical expertise is what makes this possible. This heritage began with our founding and continues to this very day.
- Selecting Only the Best
- It was an era of tremendous freedom.
Yamaha's first president placed special emphasis on manufacturing and created an environment where engineers could fully devote themselves to R&D. They were free to choose whatever materials they thought were best. This is why selecting only the best is a fundamental strand of Yamaha's DNA.
- The Technologies Behind Our Rapid Growth
- Japan was in the midst of becoming a global economic powerhouse.
Like so many other companies, Yamaha Motor was growing rapidly with all kinds of new facilities, equipment and technologies. It was an exciting and energetic era, but Yamaha's technological foundation was thanks to those who handed down their knowledge to others.
- Of Fierce Independence and Staunch Self-Reliance
- Yamaha Motor engineers are always looking for challenges—almost like a craving.
Motorcycles are an intensely competitive industry, be it their technology or marketing, and Yamaha's very culture of encouraging new challenges emerged from one such competition. On the front line in that struggle were the casting factories: the foundation of any manufacturing enterprise. The countless technologies Yamaha had were the weapons that ensured its survival.
- Always Remembering to Review and Revise
- From motorcycles on the land and outboards on the sea to industrial-use unmanned helicopters in the sky, Yamaha Motor continued its rapid progress, with automation and mechanization evolving to meet the era's demands for greater efficiency.
However, Yamaha's casting engineers never forgot their roots: the wealth of knowledge and experience their predecessors earned through their sweat and toil―a priceless treasure.
- Forming the Basis for Global Development
- To demonstrate its Monozukuri as world-class, Yamaha Motor has actively endeavored since its founding to be a player on the world stage.
However, it is against the nature of Yamaha's casting engineers to simply send equipment and molds overseas.
Their way is to always devote great time and effort to the task because that's what eventually brings lasting success.
- Unending Challenges and Continuous Progress
- Be it climbing a steep mountain or crossing a deep gorge, with every challenge met another soon arises.
The journey to create ever better products is an endless one without time for rest, and Yamaha's casting engineers march onward towards a still unknown future on a path strewn with hardships.
But they know it is a journey that sharpens skills and hones talent.