Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as “YMC”) owns and operates websites with the following domain names :
Yamaha Motor Websites (hereinafter referred to as “YMC Websites”)
global.yamaha-motor.com, www.yamaha-motor.co.jp, race.yamaha-motor.co.jp, rugby.yamaha-motor.co.jp, blog.yamaha-motor.jp, news.yamaha-motor.co.jp, sea-style.yamaha-motor.co.jp, riders.yamaha-motor.co.jp, parts.yamaha-motor.co.jp, search.yamaha-motor.co.jp, www2.yamaha-motor.co.jp, www2.yamaha-motor.jp, online.yamaha-motor.jp
Recognizing the importance and the necessity of protecting personal information, YMC establishes a policy on protection of personal information for proper management and protection of personal information we receive from customers in the course of our business activities and disseminates the policy to our officers and employees, as well as proactively utilizes personal information we receive from customers to improve our services provided to the customers.
Our Protection of Personal Information regarding for what purposes and how we use personal information which you register on YMC Websites when using various services provided on YMC Websites and what kind of measures are taken to protect the personal information is as follows:
Last updated : May 30, 2017
1. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
You do not need to provide personal information when accessing and viewing YMC Websites. However, when you use any service provided within YMC Websites, it could be necessary to register personal information on YMC Websites.
We could use personal information registered by customers in the following cases:
- To develop higher quality merchandise and services which bring greater satisfaction to customers, or to gather customer opinions for that purpose;
- To develop new services or enrich the content on YMC Websites, or to gather customer opinions for those purposes;
- To send announcements including news and events relating to YMC Websites and our merchandise and services to customers;
- To deliver any goods, etc., requested by a customer to the customer;
- To respond to inquiries from customers;
- To take part in a prize draw;
- To recruit new employees.
In addition, we could provide personal information of customers to YMC Group and affiliated companies in and outside Japan after statistically processing the information in a way that a specific individual cannot be identified. In addition, when it is necessary for disclosure of management information, statistic process, academic research or market survey, we could also publicly announce the information after statistically processing it in a way that a specific individual cannot be identified. Furthermore, we will never integrate nor process personal information we receive on this Website with any information indirectly obtained from other information sources (including name list, address book, and a third party, etc.).
2. Management and Share of Personal Information
- When the customer him/herself agrees to the provision in advance;
- When we must provide it in accordance with laws and regulations;
- When the provision is necessary to protect a human life, body or properties and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual;
- When the provision is necessary to improve public health or promote healthy child development and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual;
- When we are required to cooperate with national agencies or local governments, or any person entrusted by them to execute services provided for in laws and regulations, and it threatens to hinder execution of such services to obtain the consent of the individual;
- When it is necessary to respond to any request from public institutions to YMC and persons involved in operation of YMC Websites;
3. Customer’s Involvement in His/Her Personal Information (Disclosure, Correction, and Deletion, etc.)
You can confirm, correct, add or delete your registered personal information on YMC Websites at any time.
If you want YMC to disclose your personal information (name, date of birth, phone number and address), you can make the request through the procedure prescribed by YMC. We will disclose requested personal information of customers excluding the following cases:
- When it threatens to infringe on any right and interest of the individual or any third party including human life, body, properties and others;
- When it threatens to significantly hinder proper performance of our services;
- When it becomes (or could be) any violation of laws and regulations;
If the content of your personal information retained by YMC is not true, you can make a request for correction, addition or deletion of the personal information through the procedure prescribed by YMC. We will promptly investigate it and correct, add or delete such personal information based on the result.
If you want YMC to disclose, correct, add or delete the personal information you registered on websites or you have any question, please contact below:
* When you inquire, please include which you have requested to us.
4. Technical and Managerial Measures for Protection of Personal Information
When handling personal information of customers on YMC Websites, we take the following measures to ensure the security of personal information without being subject to loss, theft, leakage, alteration, or corruption.
On YMC Websites, we use “SSL (encrypted communication)” (*2) in all webpages on which you enter personal information so that you can use the data communication with a sense of security.
On YMC Websites, we make every effort to prevent loss, theft, leakage, alteration or corruption of customer’s personal information due to hacking and other similar actions or computer virus.
In order to prevent loss, theft, leakage, alteration or corruption of customer’s personal information, we regularly back up the information and use the latest vaccine program.
＊2 SSL is the acronym for Secure Socket Layer which is a system to encrypt information sent via browser. By using this, the information you entered on your browser is transmitted over the internet in encrypted form and the risk that the information is intercepted on the way is reduced.
5. Customer’s Responsibilities
Although some other websites could be linked from YMC Websites, for the handling of personal information on the linked website, confirm by yourself on such website.
YMC Websites shall be used on customer’s own responsibility. YMC shall not be liable for any and all damages arising from usage of various information obtained by using customer’s personal information from YMC Websites and other websites linked from YMC Websites.
7. Opinion, Complaint and Objection about Privacy
*Please note that this email address does not accept inquiries about products.
Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd.
2500 Shingai, Iwata-shi, Shizuoka-ken, 438-8501
- May 30, 2017
- August 8, 2016
- Change the content due to renewal of YMC Websites
- June 18, 2013
- Change the content due to renewal of YMC Websites
- July 1, 2011
- Change the content due to review of the protection of personal information policy
- September 30, 2010
- Change the content due to transfer of water purifier business
- February 5, 2009
- Change the content due to change in delivery of e-newsletter
- December 26, 2006
- Change the content due to change in group companies
- October 4, 2006
- Correct the link destination of TRUSTe Certification Licensee confirmation page
- January 23, 2006
- Change the link destination due to change in the URL of TRUSTe
- November 1, 2005
- Change the link destination of TRUSTe due to update of TRUSTe Licensee
- August 5, 2005
- Correction, Addition and Deletion of Personal Information: Add the URL for cancellation of “e-newsletter”
- April 27, 2005
- Correction, Addition and Deletion of Personal Information: Change the URL for correction/addition and the email address for deletion for “Electric Scooter”
- April 11, 2005
- Correction, Addition and Deletion of Personal Information: Change the name of “Passol” to “Electric Scooter”
- April 5, 2005
- Correction, Addition and Deletion of Personal Information: Add “Alkali Ion Water Conditioner/Purifier”
- September 22, 2004
- Correction, Addition and Deletion of Personal Information: Add “Electrically Power Assisted Bicycles (PAS)”
- August 5, 2004
- Correction, Addition and Deletion of Personal Information: Change the email address for deletion
- March 31, 2004
- Change the design due to renewal of YMC Websites
- October 31, 2003
- Add the expression of TRUSTe due to acquisition of TRUSTe Licensee