We, the Yamaha Motor Group, supply our products to people all over the world today. In our business, it is increasingly important for us to utilize personal information provided by our customers in order to offer the best services possible.
At the same time, we are fully aware that we must manage this personal information properly and keep it secure so that no information is ever leaked. We know that any such leakage would cause us to lose the trust of our customers and the reputation of the entire Yamaha Motor Group would be seriously damaged. Therefore, all of the companies of the Yamaha Motor Group are working to make sure that our customers' personal information is kept secure at all times.
Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd.
Last update: July 1, 2011
- 1. Restriction of the scope of acquisition
- Yamaha will acquire personal information by setting the clear purposes, which shall be relevant to good business activities, and to the extent necessary for achieving such purposes.
- 2. Restriction of use
- Unless otherwise agreed by the individual or permitted by law, personal information shall not be used for any purpose other than those notified to the individual or publicly announced.
- 3. Proper acquisition
- Personal information shall be acquired by fair and lawful means and, where appropriate, with the notification to the individual or public announcement of the purposes of use.
- 4. Accuracy of the data, etc.
- In case of holding personal information, Yamaha will keep it to meet the purposes of use, as well as to keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- 5. Security
- Yamaha, in holding personal information, will take any reasonable security measures to prevent such risks as disclosure, loss or destruction of the data.
- 6. Non-disclosure of data
- All employees of Yamaha will recognize the importance of protecting personal information and make every effort to prevent its disclosure.
- 7. Individual participation
- If personal information should be acquired, Yamaha will publicly announce the purposes of use and a counter that receives questions, and respond faithfully to the request for disclosure, correction and discontinuance of utilization of it.
- 8. Compliance
- 9. Utilizing personal information
- Upon complying with the above provisions, Yamaha will utilize personal information provided by customers in order to offer better services to them.
(Last update: July 1, 2011)