November 8, 2021
Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, the Company) announces that, at the meeting of the Board of Directors held today, the following items related to the acquisition of treasury stock based on the application of the provisions of Article 156 of Japan’s Companies Act pursuant to the rewording of Article 165-3 were resolved. The details are as follows.
1. Reason for Acquisition of Treasury Stock
The objective is to improve shareholder returns and capital efficiency.
2. Details of Items Related to Acquisition
(1) Type of shares to be acquired: Common stock of the Company
(2) Total number of shares to be acquired: 4,400,000 shares (maximum)
(Representing 1.26% of outstanding shares, excluding treasury shares)
(3) Total amount of acquisition: ¥11.0 billion (maximum)
(4) Acquisition period: November 9, 2021 to December 23, 2021
(5) Acquisition method: Purchase on the Tokyo Stock Exchange market
(Reference) Status of treasury shares held as of September 30, 2021:
Total number of outstanding shares, excluding treasury shares: 349,573,443 shares
Number of treasury shares: 644,024 shares