INDONESIA CONTEST REPORT 2016
15th Indonesia Technician Grand Prix (ITGP) & National SMK Student Skill Contest 2016
Yamaha Indonesia Motor Manufacturing (YIMM) organized the 15th Indonesia Technician Grand Prix (ITGP) on May 18th and 19th at Yamaha Indonesia Motor Manufacturing.
20 of the best technicians were selected from more than 10,498 technicians in regional qualifying rounds conducted at 34 Yamaha Training Centers (YTC) all over Indonesia.
The ITGP winner was Mr. Ferry Moniaga from Sabang Raya Motors (Jambi, Indonesia).
During ITGP, for the second time, YIMM also conducted the National SMK (Senior High School) Contest in which 38 SMK students were selected from 500 participants. The winner was Ipul Saipul from SMK Pertiwi Kuningan (West Java, Indonesia).
The ITGP was conducted in parts: a written test and a troubleshooting test (customer reception, repair and delivery),
which also covered periodical maintenance.
Troubleshooting is a practical test in which technicians must solve a problem in 100 minutes.
Each technician must interview the customer to understand the problem, be speedy and accurate in doing the repair work,
then report the result to the customer upon delivery, and also explain the Yamaha product,
any accessories, and about the next servicing.
NTGP WINNER AND WTGP PARTICIPANTS
|Dealer:||Sabang Raya Motor|
|Working experience at Yamaha:||12 years|
- What motivated you to take up the WTGP challenge?
- To measure my ability, to prove my knowledge and skill as the Yamaha technician, Sabang Raya Jambi, and also to prove that a Yamaha technician from Indonesia could compete and show his capabilities. I wanted Yamaha Indonesia to take pride of place on the world stage.
- What effort did you make to win the National Contest?
- Preparing myself ever better, both mentally and in terms of the skill that I have, and not forgetting to always pray for the best results.
- Let us know the activities or services your shop is doing to go beyond the expectations of the customers, if any.
- To give excellent service to Yamaha customers and all customers, provide solutions and do the best job, always promote Yamaha products, and give satisfaction. I want to make customers believe in Yamaha and be proud to be Yamaha customers.
- When do you find your job rewarding?
- When I can help customers by doing my job and using my skills. I can solve problems, provide solutions and inspire others. I can bring happiness and satisfaction through my work, and I can be a motivation for people around me.
- What is your favorite point about Yamaha?
- Yamaha Jupiter Z1 and M1 rider Valentino Rossi is an inspiration for everyone in the world.
- What challenge do you want to take up or be passionate about in your work from here on in?
- Creating a solid working team and family so that they can go hand in hand to build a team that can provide good working results and satisfaction to consumers and business owners.
- What are your aspirations for the 2016 WTGP?
- WTGP is a competition to find the best Yamaha technician in the world, and is a chance for me to make myself proud and prove that I can do it. I want to show that a Yamaha technician from Indonesia can be one of the best Yamaha technicians in the world.