Integrated Report 2021(For the year ended December 31, 2020)

Yamaha Motor’s Initiatives 3 Specific MeasuresMotorcycle Technology StrategiesThe Company is working toward creating a carbon-neutral society by implementing motorcycle technology strategies centered on 1) improving the fuel efficiency of its internal combustion engines, 2) the expansion of its electric model lineup and promoting the use of electric mobility, and 3) developing renewable energy-compatible powertrains.In examining the potential effects on lowering CO2 emissions, a major factor in introducing products as part of our electrification strategy will be the trends seen in electricity use via renewable energy sources and the status of the charging infrastructure in place in different countries and regions.We will begin by launching products in Europe where renew-able energy use is high. The Company will then introduce these products into the ASEAN region, where the majority of the CO2 emitted by Yamaha products originates, over the period of 2030 to 2035 in our mission to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050.Outboard Motor Technology StrategiesOutboard motor technology strategies for contributing to the realization of a carbon-neutral society include 1) improving the fuel efficiency of our internal combustion engines, 2) developing all-electric models, and 3) developing models powered by hydro-gen, synthetic liquid fuel, and other renewable energy sources.Roughly 60% of the Company’s outboard motor sales are in devel-oped markets while the remaining 40% come from emerging markets. In developed markets, outboards are primarily used for sport fishing, watersports, and other recreational purposes, whereas in emerging markets, they face harder use in harsher environments and are employed mostly for commercial fishing to sustain peoples’ livelihoods. With all-electric models, they will be introduced while carefully examin-ing how well they fit in with the renewable energy charging infrastruc-ture in place and the use conditions present in various countries and territories. Accordingly, electrified models will first be launched in stages throughout developed markets and subsequently introduced into other regions. With this approach, we will contribute to achieving carbon neutrality as the leading brand in outboard motor reliability.Motorcycle Powertrain Projection2010203020352050Outboard Motor Powertrain Projection2010203020352050BEV targets2.6%20.0%90.0%BEV and FCV targets21.0%30.0%81.0%Anticipating the technological progression of powertrains using carbon-neutral fuels (hydrogen, biofuel, synthetic liquid fuel, etc.), the above assumes the rate of adoption to be 2.6% by 2030, 20% by 2035, and 30% by 2050.* Carbon-neutral fuel refers to hydrogen, biofuel, synthetic liquid fuel, and other fuels from renewable sources.PowerplantTechnical MeasuresBenefitsInternal combustion engineImprove engine and drivetrain efficiencyImproved fuel efficiencyDevelop HEVs (electric motor as main powerplant for S-HEVs)Begin use of carbon-neutral fuelsSynthetic liquid fuelsZero CO2 emissionsHydrogenElectric motorDevelop BEVsDevelop FCVs (hydrogen fuel cells)ICEBEVCarbon-neutral fuels*BEVs and FCVsCarbon-neutral fuelsICE29Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. Integrated Report 2021

元のページ  ../index.html#31