02Outboard motor inspections
- Is the fuel tank full?
- Are there any fuel leaks?
- Is the fuel hose connected properly?
- Is the fuel hose bent, clogged or damaged in any way?
Oil (for 2-stroke outboard motors)
- Is there a sufficient level of oil in the tank?
- Does the throttle, shift and steering system all function correctly?
- Is there any looseness or rattling of any connecting parts?
- Does the engine start/stop switch activate properly? (check while on the water)
- Is the condition and volume of the engine oil OK?
- Is there any looseness in the engine mounting bolts?
- Is there any damage to the propeller?
- When you start the engine, is the cooling water circulating?
- Have any faulty areas found during the boats previous use been corrected?
* Concerning the use of Yamaha outboard motors, refer to the detailed explanations in the owner's manual for each product. Concerning boats and navigational equipment as well, please refer to the owner's manuals of those products.
* Apart from what is described here, there are also many other tips available. Please feel free to ask any of our boat or outboard dealers for further details.