Commitment of Participation in the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi)
The Yamaha Motor Group committed its participation in SBTi in May 2018.
The Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) involves companies publicly declaring, setting, and implementing scientifically-based greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets in order to reach the Paris Agreement target of keeping the global temperature increase below 2°C. This is an international initiative supported by international NGOs in environmental fields such as climate change, including the CDP, World Resources Institute (WRI), World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), and United Nations Global Compact.
The Yamaha Motor Group committed its participation in SBTi in order to contribute to the decarbonization of society. Moving forward, the Group will take initiatives toward the setting and realizing of targets.
Sustainability (Initiatives for sustainability)
- ［ Cooperating with International Initiatives ］
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Participating in the UN Global Compact
- Commitment of Participation in the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi)
- Supporting the TCFD
- Initiative based on the Declaration of Biodiversity by Keidanren
- GX League Basic Concept Ministry of Environment, Trade and Industry